Glamping has been the new camping for a while now, and since it never seems to get old, the demand will likely continue to grow. It sure has for the founders of Timberline Glamping! Nathan and Rebeka Self created the idea for the Georgia-based glamping campsite on the return trip of a family vacation. Due to noisy hotel room neighbors, the couple began discussing ways their family of four could more effectively enjoy the great outdoors. By the time they reached their driveway, the business plan for Timberline Glamping was created and locations have been blooming ever since.
Currently, there are overnight glamping locations spread out throughout Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. Virginia is about to receive their first Timberline Glamping destination. With the expansion continuing to grow, especially within state parks in the Southern United States, it won’t be difficult to make a weekend getaway. Personalizing the trip won’t be difficult either, as Timberline Glamping provides plenty of options. Choose from stylish retro RVs, bell tents, or canvas safari tents. Some locations, like Lake Lanier, offer nightly stays in Geodesic Domes. Those stargazing circles are the best!
While there are certainly enough comforts provided within each glamping site, adding a few extras can make a great stay even better. Add a twin memory foam mattress to a bell tent for a child’s comfort or add a pet cleaning fee so Fido can be part of the family getaway. For family outdoor fun, add a giant Jenga set or a corn hole game to the excitement. To avoid the bugs while relaxing under the night sky, add a screened-in gazebo to your glampsite. Other add-on amenities include propane fire pits, s’mores kits, and charcuterie boxes.
This elevated level of camping provides comfort, charm, and convenience to the great outdoors and it is great news that Timberline Glamping is expanding. For those who love to go glamping or for those looking to try it, check it these new locations, or book an established location by visiting their website.
Here’s the breakdown of new locations and expected opening dates:
New Alabama locations:
- Timberline Glamping at Lake Martin, located inside Wind Creek State Park (opened April 12)
- Timberline Glamping at Lake Guntersville, located inside Lake Guntersville State Park (Memorial Day)
- Timberline Glamping Auburn, located inside Chewacla State Park (mid-May)
- Timberline Glamping Huntsville, located inside Monte Sano State Park (this summer)
- Timberline Glamping at Cheaha State Park (this summer)
- Timberline Glamping at Desoto Fall State Park (this summer)
New Georgia locations:
- Timberline Glamping at River Forks on Lake Lanier (currently open)
- Timberline Glamping Lula at NGCT Park (currently open)
New Virginia location:
- Timberline Glamping Williamsburg at Chickahominy Riverfront Park (opening end of May, reservations begin soon!)
Been to one of these glamping sites? Leave your comments or review below!