Move over, cruise ships; there’s a Texas ranch that is set to be the next destination for individual travelers. In Cat Spring, Texas, a working ranch welcomes solo travels with plenty of amenities. For those introverts who need to decompress a bit and restock, for those finding themselves single again after much time as a duo, or for those who just want to be one with nature, a stay at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch is the place to visit.
A working ranch that is spread over 350 acres, the BlissWood B&B offers 14 cabins and cottages, along with three different glamping lodging options. The cabins and cottages range from one-to four-bedrooms, but for those solo travelers, some blissful time in one of the unique glamping sites would be ideal. The Conestoga Covered Wagon, for instance, will provide a new atmosphere that will absolutely provide all the rest and relaxation needed.
The ranch itself, in all its Texas glory and beauty, will also provide a slower pace to each day. Surrounded by God’s country, views will include flat prairie land, supporting cattle, horses and cowboys, as far as the eye can see. A light Texas wind will likely be providing a breeze while you explore the grounds.
This working ranch seems to offer it all! Some are included with your stay, while others include an additional fee.
The included activities:
- Viewing (and interacting with some) ranch animals
- Nature walks/hiking
- bird watching
- biking on ranch trails
Activities with additional fees:
- horseback riding
- trap shooting
- axe throwing
- catch and release fishing
The Solo Traveler’s Package
Whatever the reason for your individual trip, the friendly folks at BlissWood will roll out the red carpet for your arrival. For a trip to get away from everyone and everything, and to take a breather and recharge, some time at this ranch should provide the opportunity to do just that. There is a time limit on this package; time runs out at the end of summer.
The package includes:
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries and a cheese and cracker plate (add a bottle of champagne for an additional $20 charge) in your cabin, waiting for your arrival
- A BlissWood journal that’s yours to keep and write your innermost thoughts, action plans, or begin to pen the next great American novel
- A meet-cute the next morning with our animals, where you can pet, hug, and talk to the hen; as well as deer, and more
- An undisturbed walk in the woods to our onsite Enchanted Lake. Go ahead, get lost in the woods – they’ll find you
- Enjoy a picnic-for-one set up for you in the gazebo at Enchanted lake, linger as long as you’d like
- Afternoon massage in your cabin. The masseuse will come to you.
This package can be added to your lodging stay, with a two-night minimum. A Pulitzer-winning photographer’s services can be added for a fee, capturing your restful and relaxed spirit; photos that will serve as a memento of the trip. For more information, visit BlissWood Bed & Breakfast’s website.