Discovery Cove in Orlando, Florida is part island hideaway, part animal encounter wonderland. More specifically, this water-filled resort offers animal encounters many only dream about. Your ticket to this Orlando oasis provides plenty of activities for a full day of aquatic wonder.
A purchased ticket for a day at Discovery Cove includes:
- Complimentary parking
- Unlimited Food and Drink- Arrive early for breakfast, & enjoy lunch, snacks and drinks
- Unlimited Beach and Waterway play time-snorkel with the fishes, float the lazy river or rest on the sandy beaches
- Usage of Wetsuits and Snorkel Gear
- Swimming and/or snorkeling with of tropical fish and stunning habitats within The Grand Reef
- Opportunity to hand-feed a variety of tropical birds
- Viewing opportunities of animals
Food and Drink
All meals are included with entry and are made with fresh, local, and healthy ingredients. An all-you-can-eat buffet runs from 7:30-10:30am, with lunch served between 11:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Beverages range from the caffeine-packed gourmet coffee, to refreshing, ice-cold beverages along with a selection of beer and wine. Add the premium drink package to your day. It includes choices from a fully stocked liquor bard, selection of craft and domestic beers, red and white wine and a selection of signature cocktails.
Get the Full Experience
If that isn’t enough comfort and activity, there are extra add-ons that can be purchased, based on availability.
- SeaVenture- Pull down the diving helmet and get ready to start out on your underwater walking tour. Be surrounded by fish, come nose-to-nose to sharks (thanks to a large panoramic window) and be able to touch unique sea life during your excursion. Start with a short orientation and then enjoy the trainer-guided adventure throughout the Grand Reef floor.
2.Swimming with Sharks- Get as close as you dare to the 20+ sharks within this add-on exhibit. Snorkel among blacktip reef, bonnethead, and nurse sharks.
- Animal Trek-How does a private tour behind-the-scenes sound? Participate in a private tour and experience up-close photo ops with a variety of small mammals and birds. Winding through a private oasis, the 30-minute tour includes park ambassadors such as macaws, a rescued owl, and more members of the bird species. There is a variety of mammals you will have the chance to meet during your journey, including armadillo, anteaters, and the slow-moving sloth.
4.Trainer for a Day- This neat add-on option allows you to be a VIP. Behind-the-scenes, a second interaction opportunity with the dolphins, including a private photo session (photo purchase extra), special meet-and-greet opportunities, a private session at the otter habitat and more.
Morning Add-on Experiences:
- Flamingo Mingle
- Stingray Feeding
Cabana Rentals and day beds
Be comfy throughout the entire stay with your own little slice of paradise when you rent a cabana. Three packages are available for rental: Private, Elite and VIP. Privacy and comfort await your stay at one of these 6-to 8-person cabanas or a two-adult, canopy-covered day bed. Explore all the options here.
Discovery Cove was a great experience for my daughter and I when we went back in 2018. Things have changed and new adventures have been added, which means we are overdue for another day of fun in paradise.
Looking for your day in paradise? Plan your perfect getaway and consider a generous hotel package.