Discovery Cove in Orlando, Florida is part island hideway, part animal encounter wonderland. More specifically, this water-filled resort offers animal encounters many only dream about. Your ticket to this Orlando oasis provides plenty of activities for a full day of aquatic wonder.
Pictures throughout this post are courtesy of Discovery Cove.
A purchased ticket for a day at Discovery Cove includes:
- Complimentary parking
- Unlimited Food and Drink- Arrive early for breakfast, & enjoy lunch, snacks and drinks
- Unlimited Beach and Waterway play time-snorkel with the fishes, float the lazy river or rest on the sandy beaches
- Usage of Wetsuits and Snorkel Gear
- Swimming and/or snorkeling with of tropical fish and stunning habitats within The Grand Reef
- Opportunity to hand-feed a variety of tropical birds
- Viewing opportunities of animals
Food and Drink
All meals are included with entry and are made with fresh, local and healthy ingredients. An all-you-can-eat buffet runs from 7:30-10:30am, with lunch served between 11:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Beverages range from the caffeine-packed gourmet coffee, to refreshing, ice-cold beverages along with a selection of beer and wine. Add the premium drink package to your day. It includes choices from a fully stocked liquor bard, selection of craft and domestic beers, red and white wine and a selection of signature cocktails.
Get the Full Experience
If that isn’t enough comfort and activity, there are extra add-ons that can be purchased, based on availability.
- SeaVenture- Pull down the diving helmet and get ready to start out on your underwater walking tour. Be surrounded by fish, come nose-to-nose to sharks (thanks to a large panoramic window) and be able to touch unique sea life during your excursion. Start with a short orientation and then enjoy the trainer-guided adventure throughout the Grand Reef floor.
2.Swimming with Sharks- Not much more to say. Get as close as you dare to the 20+ sharks within this add-on exhibit. Snorkel among blacktip reef, bonnethead, zebra and nurse sharks.
3. Animal Trek-How does a private tour behind-the-scenes sound? Participate in a private tour and experience up-close photo ops with a variety of small mammals and birds. Winding through a private oasis, the 30-minute tour includes park ambassadors such as macaws, a rescued owl and more members of the bird species. There is a variety of mammals you will have the chance to meet during your journey, including armadillo, anteaters and the slow-moving sloth.
4.Trainer for a Day- This neat add-on option allows you to be a VIP. Behind-the-scenes, a second interaction opportunity with the dolphins, including a private photo session (photo purchase extra), special meet-and-greet opportunities, a private session at the otter habitat and more.
Morning Add-on Experiences:
- Flamingo Mingle
- Stingray Feeding
Cabana Rentals and day beds
Be comfy throughout the entire stay with your own little slice of paradise when you rent a cabana. Three packages available for rental: Private, Elite and VIP. Privacy and comfort await your stay at one of these 6-to 8-person cabanas or a two-adult, canopy-covered day bed. Explore all the options here.
Discovery Cove was a great experience for my daughter and I when we went back in 2018. Things have changed and new adventures have been added, which means we are overdue for another day of fun in paradise.